Shutdown Planner Fixed Plant – PT. Phu Bia Mining
PanAust Limited is a leading copper-gold producer in Southeast Asia. The company is registered on the Australian Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index. PanAust has its headquarters in Brisbane and holds mineral assets in the Lao PDR and Thailand. The Company’s major asset is the 2,636 square kilometre Phu Bia Contract Area located in the Lao PDR. PanAust’s interests in Laos are held via the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM). The Government of Laos has exercised a right to acquire a 10% interest in PBM. PanAust owns the remaining 90%. The Lao Government acquisition cost will be funded through its 10% share of future dividends paid by PBM.
Within the Phu Bia Contract Area, lies the Phu Kham Operation which comprises the large low-cost Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and a Heap Leach gold operation. Production of copper-gold concentrate at Phu Kham commenced in April 2008, transforming the Company into a significant copper concentrate producer. In addition to these two mineral assets, PanAust has identified several promising exploration targets within its Lao Contract Area and is undertaking a feasibility study at the Ban Houayxai gold-silver deposit. In northern Thailand, PanAust is undertaking a feasibility study at the Puthep Copper Project. The Company can earn a 51% interest in the Project by completing the study and has further options to acquire a total 60% to 70% interest. As at 31 December 2008, PanAust had a 33.17% interest in the Puthep Copper Project and, subject to a confirmatory audit, a right to a shareholding of 49%.
Shutdown Planner – Fixed Plant
- Embark on your new expatriate career with a leading mining company in Laos
- Maintenance planning to ensure safe and effective shutdown execution for our processing plant
- Attractive fly in, fly out roster and conditions, modern camp facilities
- This is an exciting time to join Phu Bia Mining in a dynamic industry. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is in its fifth year of production, our new Ban Houaxyai Gold-Silver Operation has just commenced production and we have a pipeline of exploration projects in Laos.
We are a growing company, offering experienced professionals from the South East Asian region the opportunity to work as an expatriate in Laos, only a short flight from Thailand, the Philippines, China and Indonesia. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team and working in a multi-cultural environment, you will play a key role in the further development of our projects and our Lao staff to develop their experience in mining. You will be supported by experienced, senior expatriates who will provide you with further training and development in your discipline. You will be rewarded with a generous salary (including potential tax advantages) and benefits package so that you can build a financial future for you and your family.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services.
This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is a conventional open cut mine producing over 60,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, which has a design capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum of ore, comprises a SAG mill and ball mill grinding circuit, each rated at 13 mega watts, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation.
Reporting to the Senior Shutdown Coordinator, you will play a key role in ensuring the availability of the spare parts for the effective shutdown execution of our processing plant. You will be responsible for supervising a team of Lao planners to plan, maintain and improve the shutdown management processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the availability of the spares part on site for the shutdown execution to maximize the availability and reliability of process plant at optimum cost
- Provide input and work within planned budget constraints
- Pro-actively provide technical input as required into the development and presentation of site specific competencies throughout the process plant
- Actively assist in training and development of Lao Nationals in regards to safety and maintenance practices
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Trade or Degree qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in maintenance and/or shutdown planning for a mineral processing plant with an international mining contractor or owner miner
- Prior hands-on experience in Pronto or any CMMS software
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to supporting the growth of National employees
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Interested applicants should send their CV to the email address below:
Phu Bia Mining Limited, 7th Floor Capital Tower, 23 Singha Road, Saysetha District, Vientiane Lao PDR
Or please apply online at: www.panaust.com.au/current-vacancies