Senior Surveyor – Phu Bia Mining
PanAust Limited is a leading copper-gold producer in Southeast Asia. The company is registered on the Australian Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index. PanAust has its headquarters in Brisbane and holds mineral assets in the Lao PDR and Thailand. The Company’s major asset is the 2,636 square kilometre Phu Bia Contract Area located in the Lao PDR. PanAust’s interests in Laos are held via the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM). The Government of Laos has exercised a right to acquire a 10% interest in PBM. PanAust owns the remaining 90%. The Lao Government acquisition cost will be funded through its 10% share of future dividends paid by PBM.
Within the Phu Bia Contract Area, lies the Phu Kham Operation which comprises the large low-cost Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and a Heap Leach gold operation. Production of copper-gold concentrate at Phu Kham commenced in April 2008, transforming the Company into a significant copper concentrate producer. In addition to these two mineral assets, PanAust has identified several promising exploration targets within its Lao Contract Area and is undertaking a feasibility study at the Ban Houayxai gold-silver deposit. In northern Thailand, PanAust is undertaking a feasibility study at the Puthep Copper Project. The Company can earn a 51% interest in the Project by completing the study and has further options to acquire a total 60% to 70% interest. As at 31 December 2008, PanAust had a 33.17% interest in the Puthep Copper Project and, subject to a confirmatory audit, a right to a shareholding of 49%.
- Embark on your new expatriate career with a leading mining company in Laos
- Play a key role in a dynamic and dedicated team in the provision of a reliable and accurate survey service
- Attractive fly in, fly out roster and conditions, modern camp facilities
- This is an exciting time to join Phu Bia Mining in a dynamic industry. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is in its fifth year of production, our new Ban Houaxyai Gold-Silver Operation has just commenced production and we have a pipeline of exploration projects in Laos.
We are a growing company, offering experienced professionals from the South East Asian region the opportunity to work as an expatriate in Laos, only a short flight from Thailand, the Philippines, China and Indonesia. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team and working in a multi-cultural environment, you will play a key role in the further development of our projects and our Lao staff to develop their experience in mining. You will be supported by experienced, senior expatriates who will provide you with further training and development in your discipline. You will be rewarded with a generous salary (including potential tax advantages) and benefits package so that you can build a financial future for you and your family.
As an equal opportunity employer, we offer both men and women many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office, working on a fly in, fly out roster. Our modern mine camps provide a range of Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services.
This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is a conventional open cut mine producing over 60,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, which has a design capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum of ore, comprises a SAG mill and ball mill grinding circuit, each rated at 13 mega watts, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation.
Reporting to the Survey Superintendent, you will play a key role in provision of proactive, reliable and accurate survey services to mining operations, geology, mine engineering, exploration geology and sustainability.
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining mine survey database and the integrity of the mine survey grid for site
- Providing survey service to mining operations, geology, mine engineering, exploration geology and sustainability
- Training and development of the survey teams
- End of month survey work involving pickups, data processing, volume and area generation
- Engage in continuous improvement to constantly seek better, safer and more efficient ways of undertaking tasks
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying
- Solid understanding of open cut mining practices including grade control and drill and blast
- High level of proficiency in Surpac including data processing, EOM volume reporting, and generation of high quality plots and plans.
- Solid experience with RTK GPS surveying equipment and total stations
- Able to create and maintain survey databases
- Exposure to expatriate requirements in a developing country is desirable
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to supporting the growth of National employees
- Unwavering commitment to safety
For further information about our company, please visit our web site www.panaust.com.au
Incoming search terms:
- JOB VACANCY MINE SURVEYOR LAOS