Auto Electrical Supervisor – Phu Bia Mining
PanAust Limited is a leading copper-gold producer in Southeast Asia. The company is registered on the Australian Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index. PanAust has its headquarters in Brisbane and holds mineral assets in the Lao PDR and Thailand. The Company’s major asset is the 2,636 square kilometre Phu Bia Contract Area located in the Lao PDR. PanAust’s interests in Laos are held via the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM). The Government of Laos has exercised a right to acquire a 10% interest in PBM. PanAust owns the remaining 90%. The Lao Government acquisition cost will be funded through its 10% share of future dividends paid by PBM.
Within the Phu Bia Contract Area, lies the Phu Kham Operation which comprises the large low-cost Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and a Heap Leach gold operation. Production of copper-gold concentrate at Phu Kham commenced in April 2008, transforming the Company into a significant copper concentrate producer. In addition to these two mineral assets, PanAust has identified several promising exploration targets within its Lao Contract Area and is undertaking a feasibility study at the Ban Houayxai gold-silver deposit. In northern Thailand, PanAust is undertaking a feasibility study at the Puthep Copper Project. The Company can earn a 51% interest in the Project by completing the study and has further options to acquire a total 60% to 70% interest. As at 31 December 2008, PanAust had a 33.17% interest in the Puthep Copper Project and, subject to a confirmatory audit, a right to a shareholding of 49%.
Auto Electrical Supervisor
- Embark on your new expatriate career with a leading mining company in Laos
- Lead the team to maintain the electrical systems of our large mining fleet
- Attractive fly in, fly out roster and conditions, modern camp facilities
- This is an exciting time to join Phu Bia Mining in a dynamic industry. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is in its fifth year of production, our new Ban Houaxyai Gold-Silver Operation has just commenced production and we have a pipeline of exploration projects in Laos.
We are a growing company, offering experienced professionals from the South East Asian region the opportunity to work as an expatriate in Laos, only a short flight from Thailand, the Philippines, China and Indonesia. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team and working in a multi-cultural environment, you will play a key role in the further development of our projects and our Lao staff to develop their experience in mining. You will be supported by experienced, senior expatriates who will provide you with further training and development in your discipline. You will be rewarded with a generous salary (including potential tax advantages) and benefits package so that you can build a financial future for you and your family.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services.
This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is a conventional open cut mine producing over 60,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, which has a design capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum of ore, comprises a SAG mill and ball mill grinding circuit, each rated at 13 mega watts, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, you will play an important role in supervising the multinational team for the preventative maintenance and repair of the electrical systems and devices of the mining fleets. You will be equipped with international standard tools and supported by a team of qualified expatriate tradespeople which provide the Lao staffs with guidance required to develop the technical skills and experience.
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the electrical team to undertake all related maintenance works in compliance with statutory codes, acts and regulations; as well as Phu Bia Mining safety policies and procedures
- Meet immediate and short term maintenance activities by working closely with Planning section
- Provide support to Senior Mobile Maintenance Supervisor to ensure preventative maintenance planning programs are effectively implemented
- Develop and maintain a culture focused on delivering “best practice” maintenance and safety outcomes
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Trade qualification in Heavy Equipment Electrical
- Considerable experience at Supervisor or similar level with a large mining contractor, owner miner or OEM
- Strong maintenance experience in electrical systems of late model Caterpillar and Komatsu mining equipment
- Strong understanding of modern maintenance systems, planning and scheduling processes
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to supporting the growth of National employees
- Unwavering commitment to safety
Please apply online at www.panaust.com.au/current-vacancies
Incoming search terms:
- auto electrical supervisor position
- panaust auto electrician